Friday, November 09, 2007

The Best Day Ever

I had a lot of treats left over from our Fall Ball. Learning from Valentines Day last year, I knew better than to hand them all out. So I saved the healthy stuff, apples and juice, and we've been rationing them ever since last week. We have an apple break or a juice break every day. This Tuesday marked the end of our juice/apple breaks. So, right after the (boring) bus safety assembly...side note...it really was boring, a kid in my class fell asleep...we took a bathroom break and were lined up in the hall waiting to go back into our classroom. At that time one of the 4th grade teachers walked by and complimented my class on how well they were standing in the hall. (I have a compliment board in my room where we keep track of all our compliments and when we get 25 I give the kids a pizza party.) After she complimented us, my students were obviously very excited. One of my quietest little boys raised his hand, and I leaned down close to hear what he had to say:

"A compliment and a juice break...this is the best day ever!"

This weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year for several reasons:
  1. I get an extra day off.
  2. I get to visit my brother and Anna again!!!
  3. Starbucks brings back the infamous peppermint mocha (basically the best drink ever.)
Enjoy your weekend, however you spend it...and wherever it finds you!

1 comment:

Joyce Johnson said...

I just spent some time catching up on your blog. It just makes me smile. Stopping to notice the little things makes life a whole lot more meaningful. The "little" compliment and "little" juice break added up to the best day ever through the eyes of a child. Hmm.....it's a good lesson!