Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Mental Lists

A teacher's work is never ending. As my sister said to me today "don't you have grading or something to do?" Of course...I just have so much to do I am putting it all off (and Christmas shopping online), I am not a list maker, that is my mom through and through, I have a mental list of all the stuff I have to get done for work, so here is a day in my life as a teacher.
  • Finish giving the DIBELS test
  • Finish giving the DCA's to the students who missed last week
  • Grade the DCA's
  • Fill in the bubble sheets for the DCA's
  • Hand in the bubble sheets for the DCA's
  • Grade the writing assessment I gave like a month ago
  • Get caught up in Math
  • Have the students make their Christmas gifts for their parents
  • Figure out what to make for the staff party on Friday
  • Finish figuring out what we are going to do for our skit at the staff party on Friday
  • Plan for, write out the plans and make all the copies for my sub on Thursday morning and Monday
  • Plan for after-school tutoring next week
  • Touch base with parents about several student concerns
  • Make powerpoints for our reading vocabulary for next week
  • Clean off my desk
  • Find a place to put my new file folder games I made
  • Have parent volunteers laminate and cut out materials for folder games
  • Make folder games for math centers
  • Make new centers for up until Christmas Break
  • Copy and assemble take home books for this week's reading series
  • Get caught up on my grading for math and reading assessments
  • Copy and assemble homework packets for over Christmas break
  • and the list goes on...
I need my hours to be lengthened, a little more light in my day.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm tired just reading your list!

Abi said...

Me too. And I'm not exaggerating...that's what is sad.