Thursday, February 07, 2008

Then It All Makes Sense

I had a parent tell me today at conferences "Thank you for teaching my daughter." This is, to date, the first and only thank you I have received for doing my job. And, it was one of those moments, in the midst of chaos and stress that made me stop and remember that the reason I do this is because of the kids. All that I love about teaching happens in the classroom, and everything that frustrates me about teaching happens outside the classroom.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

My memories of teaching, exactly! Hope the thanks you received today carry you for a long time!

DBJ said...

Hey Abbers!

Greetings from Budapest!

I took a look at your blog (finally!) and figured I'd give you a "hi-dee-ho!"

I'm going home on Friday ... looking forward to it ... its been a long trip ... but we've seen God do some amazing things. It will be good to talk to you maybe on the weekend.

Love, Daddy