Monday, January 26, 2009

For Special Ed Teachers Everywhere...

...with Tiffany (my parent's friend who is a loyal reader of my blog) in mind.

The Rotary has a program called "Reading Is Fun" or RIF. We have the RIF readers come out a few times a year to read to our kids and then each child gets a book that the Rotary donated. Two weeks ago we had a RIF day.

On Friday, we wrote thank you notes to our Rotary Reader. One of my precious special ed. children wrote the following:

"Dear Mr. C,
Thank you for the boob."

I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard, and I didn't have the heart to tell him. He realized the error of his ways a few minutes later, and fixed the mistake.

Teaching second graders always has a few laughs.

In other news, I moved this past weekend! No more apartment living! I am living with some friends, Grant and Vanessa, you know them I'm sure, and being in a house with people is a nice change from being in an apartment with no people. Truman has a dog friend Dakota, and a cat who hates him, Nora, to play with, and a fenced in backyard to romp in. On a cold, but sunny Saturday, I had 5 awesome friends carry, pack, and unload my belongings, and now I need to only go back and clean the apartment and another chapter in my life has been written.

And lastly, a special shout out to Tiff, my parent's friend from church, who reads my blog, and is keeping me accountable!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Abi,

I Love it! I love reading your stories and listening to your experiences. YOU are a great teacher, and your students and their families know it...no matter what anyone else may think or say. You're a light for God, and make those of us who call ourselves "teachers" proud.
Well done good and faithful servant...well done!
Tiffany