Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Zach!



My brother, one of my best friends and partner in crime for the past 23 years turns 26 today. I am trying to do birthday posts for people, and so today I was trying to think of a fun memory to share of my brother. There are so many to choose from. I can't really put into words what having an older brother is like, and I think everyone who has an older brother would agree with me. He let me tag along with him and his friends growing up, he was my safety net when we had to ride the bus together to school in Czech, he was my ride places in high school and he is now a friend who pushes me to be the best person I can be. I think every girl should have an older brother.

When I think of growing up with Zach, one of the first things that comes to mind is what we now fondly call "the dweeb era." This was the part of our life that takes place in the home schooled, cartoon van driving, red pants wearing, grape pop drinking time. We built forts, went swimming a lot and tried to sell crap to our parents. It was during this time that my Barbie was forced to marry Bravestar, and we always had a difficult time finding a place for them to live because the lincoln logs could only build houses that were so high. Poor Barbie had to duck to fit through those doors.

Anyone who knows Zach can appreciate and understand his genuine spirit and care for others. He builds people up and challenges them with his actions and words. He is someone what I am so proud to not only know, but call my brother. Happy Birthday bro!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I think we had some dweebs at our house too. Fun times.

Hey Zach, Happy Birthday!