Monday, May 07, 2007

All This and More

We've had some interesting weather here in Kansas lately. I was able to experience my first tornado warning yesterday during church, and I saw how crazy the sky looked, even after the warning was dropped.

Greensburg was not so lucky. I don't think I need to go into detail here, but if you haven't heard on Friday night there was an F-5 (200+ miles per hour) tornado that completely wiped out Greensburg Kansas. There are some mind blowing aerial shots here. Dad, I think they need some rhinos.

On to school...

Last week I had a difficult conversation with a parent, I suggested retaining their son. It was incredibly hard to tell someone that their child is not ready to go on to the next grade. Despite my concerns, I don't think they will do it. It is so frustrating to send him on knowing that he'll probably always be low academically for his grade.

Also, please pray for my friend Martina. Her family's home burned last night and so they are obviously shaken. Thankfully her family is all safe, but what an incredibly hard thing to face.

13 days and counting....

No comments: