Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lowes

I went to Lowes to get some cleaning supplies for my classroom. Tomorrow we're having a cleaning party. While there I decided that Lowes is my new favorite store. So, without further ado, I present:

The Top Ten Reasons Lowes Is My New Favorite Store

10. I am not tempted to buy anything I don't need.

9. It reminds me of my dad.

8. They sell tin-foil duct-tape. (I kind of wanted to buy some, but it was $14 a roll)

7. The people there are friendly.

6. They have self checkouts so when I am not friendly, I don't have to talk to anyone.

5. It's the closest store to my home, besides Hobby Lobby. (Obviously not as cool)

4. It smells like Fleet Farm, but not quite as good.

3. It's kind of like Jesus, you can come as you are, you don't have to dress up or look fancy. Paint splattered pants and grease stained shirts are actually encouraged amongst the patrons.

2. They sell weird things I had no idea that existed, but someday may need, thus I now know where to buy them...such as KAPOW magical cleaner.

1. The boys that work there are much better looking than the boys at Wal-Mart. (And probably more intelligent too)


3 comments:

Zach said...

Nice observations Abi. #10 and #8 seem to contradict each other though.

Hmmmm...

Cheri said...

Funny blog!

I never would have seen the comparison between Lowe's and Jesus had you not pointed it out.

Congratulations on your first year of teaching!

Check in on my blog if you want to enter a drawing. Apparently you shouldn't tell your mom about it though, because it will make her cry (according to your dad).

Praying for all of you!

Abi said...

I know...but Tin-Foil duct-tape is super cool. Thus it's okay to be almost tempted.