Friday, August 24, 2007

Unexpected Blessings

Unexpected blessings are the best. Don't get me wrong, I like regular blessings too, but the ones that come at you out of the blue, just to remind you that you are significant, thought of, and loved are fantastic.

I am going to see my brother and friend Anna over labor day weekend. My dad found a great deal on a plane ticket. I debated buying the ticket, knowing that in the week until I get paid again, I might get close to under $100 in my checking account, and I don't like to do that. Of course I have savings I could dip into, but I don't like to do that either. I bought the ticket knowing that I'd kick myself if I didn't; and plus, a long weekend in with family/friends only happens for me now and then.

Today I got a check from my summer job in the mail. I didn't know I still had one coming, but it more than covered the cost of the plane ticket.

How amazing, and what better timing.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

God is so good!
Have fun with Zach and Anna!