Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Welcome Back...

I am back in Kansas now, and very thankful for air conditioning. It is so hot, I forgot how hot it was.

I was greeted last night by a re-arranged living room, and a beeping smoke detector. The living room was promptly put back how I prefer to have it, and the maintenance guys came today and fixed the beeping. Thank you.

I start my week of "pre kids" work tomorrow, and while it is good to be back, I am dealing with the change and transitions that are inevitable in life.

I hate change, and fully realized this and was able to verbalize this my junior year in college, after moving back to Bethel. Pretty much any transition for me involves a cocktail of nervous energy, sadness and anticipation...this one is no different. A part of me just wants to pack up and move home, or back to wherever the last familiar thing was; as if that would make it all better. I appreciate your prayers and encouragement as I experience this transition back to a life and a job that I truly do love.

For now, I'll just keep reminding myself of that...I love what I do here, even when transitions are hard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abi, we are so proud of you. You show so much trust in our Heavenly Father - and so it should be. Yes, change is not exactly fun, but He seems to take care of that too as He provides friends and surroundings that make us feel more comfortable.
Keep the faith. We love you