Saturday, October 13, 2007

And I Quote

I took a vacation today. At 4:30 I realized I hadn't had any lunch or coffee yet, and had a mound of papers to grade and enter into my gradebook. So I took a vacation to Panera, where I got a cup of coffee with free refills and a bagel, along with no distractions so I could get my work done. As I was going through some math assessments that I had, I burst out laughing at one student's response to the following question about cupcakes, and whether or not there would be enough for our class.

Question: Will you have any leftovers? If so, how many? Explain your thinking.

Answer: (And I quote) Well, let's chek in my thiking bag. Well there is, there aer 18 left."

I was unaware that this child even owned a thinking bag, and I think it is so funny that he chose to explain his answer using his thinking bag.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Cute story!