Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So Pretty

This story I am about to tell happened this week, and is the kind of thing that not only makes my heart smile, but makes me love my kids all that much more.

We are testing a lot this week, we do it once a quarter; reading, math and writing tests that are given to us by the district. It is crazy and stressful and busy and exhausting. Since we level our kids for reading, we have to get the right tests back to their homeroom teachers. To lessen the stress on myself during this time, I wrote all of the teacher's names on the board, and had the students write their homeroom teacher's name on their test. One of my kids noticed that a few of the teachers were Mrs. instead of Ms. He was excited to know they were married, and asked me if I was married. I said no, not yet, but that someday I would be.

His response?

"But why aren't you married yet? You're so pretty!"

Teaching 2nd grade is so good for my ego.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Yes you are so pretty! Inside and out!