Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Overdue Thanks

I have a pre-student teacher this semester. She comes twice a week and does a few lessons each day. It is very interesting to sit back and watch my class while they are working with someone else. It also brings back the not so distant memories of my own field experience days. There was 1st grade with Mrs. O'Hanlon. Looking back on that one, I do know I've come so far! I did 2 middle school field experiences with the same teacher, as German teachers are few and far between. I did a 5th grade field experience with Mrs. Larsen, and I learned a lot from her. She is an incredible teacher with wonderful insight and positivity. I would go back and work on her team in a heartbeat. Lastly, I student taught with Mrs. Graham in 1st grade and Mr. Scheller in 3rd. It was incredibly wonderful to be able to learn from each of these educators. I have thanked them all, and thank them again for all their help in allowing me to learn in their rooms, and I am thankful that I can pass that on chance for someone to learn from me and in my classroom.

1 comment:

Joyce Johnson said...

As Dad would say, "others future" that's what it's all about. You're investing in the future, just as your cooperating teachers did for you.