Saturday, September 29, 2007

Race For The Cure

I raced for the cure today. I was part of the Wichita Race for The Cure, and I walked with a team from my school. I ended up walking 1/2 and running 1/2, which was fun! (Good practice for the Tri) I now know why people get hooked on running races, it's so fun to be able to cross that finish line with people cheering you on.

Beyond that, the Race for the Cure is an amazing experience. About 8,000 people total raced in Wichita, and it is so fun to see all those people come together for a common goal. Many people were survivors of breast cancer, and many people were racing in memory of someone who battled breast cancer. It really makes me realize how blessed I am, as no one in my family has had breast cancer, and really not even any of our close family friends, and that truly is a blessing.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Abi you are such a stud!!! You are my motivator! I went running again today! I had almost talked myself out of it but I went and I feel awesome now! Ok gotta go!!! Have a great week!